You Know You’re A Barre Instructor When..
We have a guest post from Xtend Barre NOLA instructor Courtney Elmer!
Teaching Xtend Barre classes is fun, energizing, and very rewarding. Being a part of a community that values health and wellness is fantastic, and feeling like we are making a difference in other’s lives makes every early morning class worth it.
You know you’re a Barre instructor when…
– you find grippy socks floating around in your purse
– you find grippy socks floating around your house
– your constant companion is a jumbo-sized Yeti full of ice water and lemon
– you are more excited about your new electric blue pants than you are about anything else
– you have more Lululemon and Athleta than you do “normal clothes”
– your dancers bootie looks good in a bikini #summerbodygoals
– you have “lift up for 8, 7, 6, 5, now it’s 4, and 3, and 2, and 1” stuck in your head to music all day long
– you don’t mind waking up at the crack of dawn to teach early, because you know your clients will be there ready and eager for you to give them a good workout
– you love all of your clients to the moon and back and feel just as good having given them a good workout as you would if you’d just had a good workout yourself
Born and raised in Covington, LA, Courtney has always had a deep-rooted enthusiasm for health, beauty, and fitness. Her work in the anti-aging industry has given her a love of helping others look and feel more confident, and after overcoming cancer at age 25, she is now even more passionate about her own health and has a strong desire to help others achieve balance between mind, body, and spirit.
Courtney discovered the incredible benefits of barre over 4 years ago, and has been hooked ever since. She says, “I am obsessed with the incredibly quick results that this low-impact, high-intensity, total-body workout yields. And the best part? It’s so much FUN! If you’re looking to lengthen, strengthen, and tone, this needs to be a part of your workout regimen.” She is excited to be partnered with the NOLA Pilates team, and looks forward to putting her talents to good use to help her clients feel as confident, beautiful, and strong as she believes each of them are.
You can learn more about Courtney and see all the amazing things she’s up to by visiting her website.